QUICKFOX PUBLISHING IS A PROUD SERVICE PROVIDER TO THE FOLLOWING PUBLISHERS:
Book cover / book interior design and typesetting
We use professional and experienced graphic designers for our book interior and cover designs.
Professional cover and book interior design is an important component in creating a book that meets trade quality standards. The cover is prime real estate and should therefore be well crafted and striking enough to attract the reader’s attention and stimulate curiosity. As for the interior – we carefully choose fonts, margins and design elements that complement the material in the book and are appropriate for the type of book and target market it’s aimed at.
Artwork and illustrations
In-house we offer general DTP work including tables, graphs, pie charts, and so on. More complex artwork, including illustrations and photography, is outsourced and project-managed by us should that be required.
Our designers have had extensive experience working for publishing houses and magazine groups, locally and abroad. We offer design and DTP services for –
- Coffee-table books
- Portfolio books
- Manuals and reports
- Computer courseware manuals
- Product instruction books and leaflets
ISBN application and barcode generation
We can apply for an ISBN on your behalf and generate a barcode for you. These will automatically be inserted in the book and on the cover unless you or your designer are preparing your book and cover, in which case they will be emailed to you.
How do I obtain a book production quote?
To receive a production quote kindly email us the following –
- Type of book – e.g. self-help, novel, full-colour photographic coffee-table, reference, etc.
- Size you’d like the book to be
- Three representative chapters
- Total word count
- What you will be supplying – e.g. manuscript only, digital images (qty), photo prints (qty), illustrations (qty), etc.
- The number of photos/illustrations that will be supplied a) digitally and b) as flat artwork requiring scanning
- Whether you'll need us to commission a photographer or illustrator. If so, state your requirements
- Whether you'll need DTP diagrams and/or graphs created? If so, how many? Supply examples of the type of DTP artwork you’ll need.
- Any other relevant information that might affect the design/layout of the book including who the book is aimed at
- Your contact details should we require any other information